Wednesday, December 8, 2010

City of Glass >> Book Review

City of Glass [MORTAL INSTRUMENTS BK03 CITY]
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
The Mortal Instruments book 3
hardcover pages: 541
My Rating 5 stars


To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Timesbestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.


My Review
This is the last book of the trilogy The Mortal Instruments. Clary must go to the City of Glass in order to wake up her mother but Jace doesn't want her there. 
Clary will discover secrets that they were kept in dark for years.... but Jace is not willing to help her. Clary finds Sebastian who is too eager to help her but he is hiding something....... 

Love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!! It was a good closure for the story. 
I loved Alec in this one. At the previous books he was so into Jace and against Clary that kind of made me not like him but in this book you see him being more mature and willing to face his fears. 

In this book we see Isabelle being more emotional. We can see that behind the Shadowhunter gear she’s just a girl and even though she can handle everything (expect from cooking.. lol ) and be strong, she’s fragile just as she’s strong. 

Simon. Ok, I usually don't like a character who goes between a couple, and that's the case here, but I really liked him. In the previous books he was trying to win Clary over Jace but in this book he realises that he can have her only as a friend and that's what he does..... not like Jacob in Twilight.. (These books has nothing to do with Twilight but if you have read them you know what I mean by Jacob insisting that he was the one for Bella... huh!) 

Anyway that's one of the reasons that I love Simon, that he understands what Clary wants and steps aside to stand by her as a friend.... the other reason is that now he’s more involved in the story, he’s stronger now and ready to have some action and take responsibilities. 

Jace. What can I say about Jace. I can start from how much I love him!!!!!!!! :) 
He is very strong as a character and deep. You can see that behind his arrogant remarks, he’s just a boy struggling to find who he is and to get use to the idea that Clary is his sister. 

Clary. I wouldn't say that I loved her but I can say for sure that I liked her. She is strong, she’s all willing to jump in and help her friends..... 

Valentine. I didn't like him as being the bad guy.... The only part I actually felt same hatred towards him, would be at The City of Bones where he tells Clary and Jace that they are related. Other than that I didn't feel that he was the bad guy... I was close to liking him at the end and kind felt sorry for his ending. 

I think that's the only part I don't like form the books, that Valentine's character isn't developed enough and that his reasons for wanting to destroy the Shadowhunters aren't believable. 

Overall the book was good; my favorite though is the City of Ashes... more drama in it..... and I love good drama! 
One of the reasons that I love this trilogy is that combines humor, adventure, drama, love story.... pretty much everything but I loved it mostly because of the humor in it. It made me laugh so many times and I still do when I read the funny quotes. The author was able to put humor into serious conversations without stopping them for not being serious.... and that's really difficult to do.... and I loved it!!!!!!!!! 

Of course this is the last book of this trilogy but the author is having three more books on our heroes. It'll kind be like a second trilogy. Yeah! More Jace!

The 4th book is planned to be out on April 2011.
Frosy



Buy the book at Amazon Book Depository (Hardcover Format)
and Amazon  | Book Depository  (Paperback Format)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...