Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side >> Book Review

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey 
paperback pages: 
My Rating 5 stars

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn't fit in to Jessica Packwood's senior-year "get a life" plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and he's her long-lost fiance. 

Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire's Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess.

But Jessica has never even been kissed-how can she possibly commit herself to a long-term relationship? Or an eternal relationship, for that matter?


My Review
The book was amazing! It left me wanting for more. I didn’t expect to love it so more because of the title. My first thoughts when I saw the title was that it was another cheesy vampire book but I was so wrong and I am gland. Don’t judge a book from its cover and title!

The storyline was interesting so far from most vampire books. I liked that you got into the story from the very first page. The story has passion, sadness, violence, and politics....things that were combined really well, and seemed to bond nicely together.

The characters were all well developed especially Lucius. At the beginning you see him as the vampire prince he is, taught and manly but afterwards you get a glimpse of the boy who struggles with fate along with Jessica.

This is a debut novel for the author and her writing was refreshing and easy going.
I would recommend this to anyone who like vampires.
Frosy 


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Hardcover Format)
and Amazon | Book Depository (Paperback Format)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...