Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Soul To Take >> Book Review

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1)
My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent 
Soul Screamers, Book 1
paperback pages: 279
My Rating 2 stars


Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh 

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is going to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...


My Review
Kaylee is girl with a supernatural ability to sense when someone is going to die.
With her mother dead and her father far away she tries to come in terms with what she has. Panic Attacks.

Kaylee is not crazy. She might think that she is but she isn’t. Of course everyone around her thinks she is. Her cousin isn’t really sympathetic and either her aunt. Forced to live with her dad’s brother she has to learn to live by “those” panic attacks. Because that’s what doctors are telling her. When she finds her shelf on the verge of screaming her lungs out it’s because she is having a panic attack.

Nash doesn’t think that that’s the case so he sets forward to explaining Kaylee what she really is. She is a bean sidhe and has the ability to tell when a person is going to die.
Kaylee is confused and thinks that maybe Nash is crazy until students at her school stsrt dropping dead for no reason.
It was fun to read a YA that wasn’t similar to many other books out there and Kaylee was easy to like. Nash was one sexy guy and Tod even though he is a riper I couldn't help myself but feel bad for him and I even liked him. I hope I see more of him in the next books.

I gave two stars to the book mainly because I didn’t see the development between Nash and Kaylee’s relationship. I like it when you can see their growth and struggle and then be a couple. In this book they jump right into being a couple. It wasn’t bad but I just prefer my stories otherwise. Other than that the story was fast paced with some slow parts in the middle but throughout enjoyable. I will be definitely read the second book and hope I like it more because the storyline is very promising.

So far there are 4 books and a prequel.
My Soul to Lose (prequel)
My Soul to Take #1
My Soul to Save #2
My Soul to Keep #3
My Soul to Steal #4 (out on January 1th 2011)
Frosy


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository  (Paperback Format) 

2 comments:

Diana said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love honest reviews! I think i'll be skipping this read... although it does sound like somthing i'd read, i dont think i'd be able to get into it... you know what i mean? :\

Diana

Frosy said...

I know exactly what you mean. Those were my thoughts when I first saw this book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...