Monday, February 7, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect >> Book Review

Practice Makes Perfect (Berkley Sensation)
Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James
paperback pages: 291
My Rating 4 stars


WHEN IT COMES TO THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION...
Payton Kendall and J.D. Jameson are lawyers who know the meaning of objection. A feminist to the bone, Payton has fought hard to succeed in a profession dominated by men. Born wealthy, privileged, and cocky, J.D. has fought hard to ignore her. Face-to-face, they're perfectly civil. They have to be. For eight years they have kept a safe distance and tolerated each other as coworkers for one reason only: to make partner at the firm. 
...THERE ARE NO RULES.
But all bets are off when they're asked to join forces on a major case. Though apprehensive at first, they begin to appreciate each other's dedication to the law-and the sparks between them quickly turn into attraction. But the increasingly hot connection does not last long when they discover that only one of them will be named partner. Now it's an all-out war. And the battle between the sexes is bound to make these lawyers hoe under the collar...




My Review

This book falls into the contemporary romance category and it's the second book I read from this author. I must say I'm starting to become a fan of her books. 
Her writing is simple yet refreshing. I haven't read any other contemporary adult romance books, expect her other book Something About You. 
So I am not an expert on that area. But she managed to captivate me with her witty characters and laugh aloud moments.


Payton and J.D. are people that live to work. They are both on the run to become partner and that adds more fuel to they never ending arguments. 
J.D. I think is my favourite one. Such a nice guy, really. He doesn't seem so nice at first but in the ending from his part at least, just makes you forget everything. 
You couldn't deny the attraction between them from the first moment you see them together. Even though they argued all the time I couldn't see how they came and hated each other.
It's a really good book and the author knows a great deal about lawyers. She was one.
I loved the dialogue between those too. I'm more of a dialogue type so I love books with lots of it! And this one definitely has plenty.


Overall I liked this book a lot and I would read this again. I'm definitely going to read her other two books and I would suggest you picking one up too.


Frosy



Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...