Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something About You >> Book Review

Something About You (Berkley Sensation)
Something About You by Julie James
paperback pages: 307
My Rating 3,5 stars


FATE HAS THROWN TWO SWORN ENEMIES...
Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S> Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends with a death. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago-and for nearly ruining his career...
...INTO EACH OTHER'S ARMS
Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it's no joke; the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes-and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension...


My Review
Something About You is a book written by Julie Jones and it’s a contemporary romance.
This is not what I usually read and I have no idea how I came to pick this one at the library but I’m glad I did.

It was such fun reading this. I usually find contemporary books boring (depends on the theme) but this book hold my interest because of its characters.

They were so realistic and fresh and felt that I could easily meet them in real life. The whole book was realistic and even though we know it’s a love story, the main characters don’t go over the hill to “protect” the other. I’m saying this because this book is about a murder. We see from the characters, their need to get this over with before they actually start their romantic adventure and I was relieved. Both of them actually put their work and responsibilities before their emotions.

Let me just say, that my opinion for FBI agents has changed lol.
So Cameron is the witness in this case and Jack has to protect her until they find the murderer. Both of them don’t like how things are due to their previous history. Something that Cameron did and almost destroyed his career. Or so he says.

As I said I liked both of them but I felt that they had more to show. The background of both of them is enough to want to know more (if I say I’ll spoil it) and we don’t get the chance.
But we do get the chance to see the emotions between them change. They didn’t like each other due to some old facts but now that they are forced to be together, they’re bound to remember what happened three years ago.

Overall I liked it a lot. I might have rated it 3.5 stars but that’s only because it’s not a fantasy book. And fantasy/paranormal books are my thing so even though I strongly liked it I cannot give it 5 stars. But for the contemporary category 3.5 stars is close to 5!
So, go read it if you like contemporary romance with dark brooding unshaven men.

PS: Isn’t the cover gorgeous? I love that pink dress.

Frosy 


Buy the book at Amazon | Book Depository (Format Paperback)
and Amazon (Format e-book, kindle)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...